- Under Construction
- Under Construction
Archives Chat with Joshua Kitchens Topic: ACA Accreditation with Joshua Kitchens | Oct 6th | 5:00pm
Society of American Archivists Orientation with Alison Clemens Topic: SAA Orientation and Introduction | Dec 8th | 6:00pm
Archives Chat with Alexis Antracoli | Oct 22th | 7:00pm
Exhibit Tour: Beyond Midnight: Paul Revere at the New York Historical Society | Oct 26th | 11:00am
Archives Tour: The National Archives in New York City with Archivist Carey Stumm | Dec 6th | 11:00am
SOURCE Trip: Museum of the American Revolution & Philadelphia
- Under Construction
SOURCE Meeting | Dec 11th | 5:50pm – 6:20pm | SC&I Room 323
Trip to the Weill Cornell Medical Archives | Dec 7th | 11:30am
Trip to Harry Potter: A History of Magic Exhibit at the New York Historical Society | Dec 1st | 10:45am
SOURCE Meeting | Nov 13th | 5:50pm – 6:20pm | SC&I Room 323
SOURCE Meeting | Oct 23rd | 5:50pm – 6:20pm | SC&I Room 323
Archives Chat with Debra Schiff | SAA Archivists to the Rescue | Oct 17th | 7pm | SC&I Room 212
SOURCE Meeting | Sept 18th | 5:50pm – 6:20pm | The Case Room (SCUA)
Combined MI Orgs Meeting | Sept 13th | 5:30pm – 6:30pm | SC&I Room 323
Zine Making Workshop | Sept 12th | 2pm – 4pm | Gallery 50
- SOURCE trip to The Stickley Museum at Craftsman Farms | Saturday, April 21, 2018 | 12:00pm
- SOURCE Meeting | April 18, 2018 | 5:50pm | SC&I Room 222
- Certified Archivist Presentation | Wednesday, April 11, 2018 | 5:30-6:30pm | Room 323
- SOURCE Trip to Printed Matter | Saturday, April 7, 2018 | 3:00pm
- SOURCE Trip to The Center for Puerto Rican Studies | Friday, April 6, 2018 | 2:00pm
- Open Access Origami | April 4, 2018| 3:00pm
- SOURCE Meeting | March 28, 2018 | 5:50pm | SC&I Room 222
- SOURCE Meeting | February 21, 2018 | 5:50pm | SC&I Room 222
- Combined Meeting with MI Organizations | February 7th, 2018 | 5:50pm | SC&I Room 222
- SOURCE Trip to the Metlar-Bodine House Museum | Thursday, December 07, 1:00pm
- SOURCE Meeting – Feb. 28, 5:50pm, Room 225, SC&I Building
- SOURCE Chat – Feb. 20, 10am Virtual archives chat with Michelle Ganz
- SOURCE Meeting – Jan. 31, 5:50pm, Room 225, SC&I Building
- SOURCE Trip – Dec. 17, 2016 to Interference Archives
- SOURCE Anniversary – SC&I Mingle celebrated 15 years of SOURCE
- SOURCE Trip – Oct. 26, 2016 to the Princeton Theological Seminary
- SOURCE Trip – Friday April 1st, 2016 to Morgan Library & Museum
- SOURCE Meeting- Thursday March 24, 5:50 pm, Annex B, College Ave Campus, Special Guest: John Beekman- Jersey City Free Public Library
- SOURCE Trip – Fri, Feb. 26- 10:00am, to Conservation Center for Art & Historic Artifacts. 264 S 23rd St, Philadelphia, PA 19103 http://www.ccaha.org/
- SOURCE Meeting – Thursday February 18, 6-6:30 pm, Room 323, SC&I Building
- SOURCE Meeting – Janurary 2016, 5:50-6:20 pm, Room 323, SC&I Building, Special Guest: Laura Poll- Archivist, Trenton Public Library
- SOURCE Trip – Dec. 2015, to the National Archives in Philadelphia
- SOURCE Trip to the Rosenbach Museum and Library in Philadelphia
- Source Trip – Sept. 26, to the Historical Society of Philadelphia
- Friday, March 7, Source trip to the Mutter Museum, Philadelphia
- Saturday, March 15, Metropolitan Museum of Art Watson Library – “The Books That Make Us” Seminar
- Friday March 28, Source trip to Guggenheim Archives
- Friday, April 11, 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm, Princeton University Mudd Library/ Archives
- Enclosures Workshop at Morristown & Morris Township Public Library – Saturday, November 23
- SOURCE Meeting – Tuesday, November 12, 5:50 pm – 6:20 pm, Graduate Student Lounge, SC&I
- Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts, Philadelphia, PA – Friday, October 11, 2 pm
- SOURCE Meeting – Tuesday, October 8, 5:50 pm – 6:20 pm, Graduate Student Lounge, SC&I
- SOURCE Meeting – Tuesday, September 10, 5:50 pm – 6:20 pm, Graduate Student Lounge, SC&I
- University of Pennsylvania Rare Book and Manuscript Library- Friday, April 26, 10:00 AM
- Q & A with Erika Gorder, Associate University Archivist at Rutgers University- Monday, April 22, 6:00 PM
- Thomas J. Watson Library – Friday, March 29, 2013
- SOURCE Meeting – Tuesday, March 12, 2013, 5:50 pm to 6:20 pm – Graduate Student Lounge, SC&I
- SOURCE Meeting – Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 5:50 pm to 6:20 pm – Graduate Student Lounge, SC&I
- David Library of the American Revolution – Saturday, February 23, 2013
- New Jersey State Archives – Friday, January 25, 2013
- SOURCE Meeting – Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 5:50 pm to 6:20 pm – Graduate Student Lounge, SC&I
- Enclosures Workshop – Saturday, December 8, 2012
- Rosenbach Museum & Library – Friday, November 9, 2012
- Cooper-Hewitt Library – Friday, October 5, 2012
- Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library – Friday, July 20th, 2012
- The Cloisters – Friday, June 15th, 2012
- Grolier Club – Friday, May 18, 2012
- SOURCE Meeting & Elections – Tuesday, April 24, 2012, 5:50 pm to 6:20 pm – Graduate Student Lounge, SC&I
- New-York Historical Society & American Museum of Natural History – Friday, April 20, 2012 – Trip Details & RSVP
- Rutgers Seminar in the History of the Book – Damid Como, “Clandestine Printing in Revolutionary England: The Emergence of the Leveller Movement” – Thursday, April 19, 2012, 2:00 pm – Alexander Library, Pane Room – Flyer_RHOB_Como
- Rutgers Seminar in the History of the Book – Damid Como, “Secret Print: A Conversation About Archival Research” – Wednesday, April 18, 2012, 1:00 pm – Alexander Library, McDonald Room – Flyer_RHOB_Como
- Newark Public Library, Special Collections – Tuesday, March 27, 2012 & Thursday, March 29, 2012 (options) – Trip details & RSVP information
- “Reading Between the Lines: Why Paleography Matters” – Workshop with Eric Johnson-DeBaufre – Wednesday, March 21, 2012 – Event Details & English Secretary Hand Alphabet Hand-out (PDF)
- SOURCE Meeting – Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 5:50 pm to 6:20 pm – Graduate Student Lounge, SC&I
- Lecture with Ben Vershbow from NYPL Digital Labs (joint SCARLA/SOURCE event) – Tuesday, March 6, 2011, 6:00-8:00 pm – Faculty Lounge, SC&I – Event Details, NYPL Lecture Flyer – 03.06.12 (PDF), & Recording
- Metadata Workshop (joint SOURCE/SCARLA event) – Friday, February 24, 2012
- SOURCE Meeting – Recording– Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 5:50 pm to 6:20 pm – Graduate Student Lounge, SC&I
- Thomas Edison National Historic Park – Saturday, February 11, 2012 – Trip details & RSVP information
- SOURCE Meeting – Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 5:50 pm to 6:20 pm – Graduate Student Lounge, SC&I – Flyer for January 31, 2012 Meeting (PDF) & Adobe Connect Details
- SOURCE Social – Friday, January 13, 2012, 7:00 pm – Tumulty’s Pub, New Brunswick, NJ
- December 2, 2011 – Trip to the Museum of the City of New York with a behind-the-scenes look at their archives
- November 22, 2011 – “Medieval Paleography: A talk and workshop with Ryan Greenwood” Event
- November 19, 2011 – Digitization Workshop with Isaiah Beard at the Scholarly Communications Center, Alexander Library
- November 11, 2011 – Princeton University’s Rare Books and Special Collections – saw the exhibit “Sin & the City: William Hogarth’s London,” followed by a visit to Cotsen Children’s Library.
- November 8, 2011 – “Exhibiting Archives: A Conversation with Dave Fowler and Fernanda Perrone” presentation – Fowler and Perrone discussed creating exhibits at the Rutgers Special Collections and University Archives, particularly the recent exhibition, “All Aboard! Railroads and New Jersey, 1812-1930″ – A joint event with SCARLA
- October 24, 2011 – Tour of Rutgers University Special Collections & University Archives at Alexander Library
- October 22, 2011 – Papermaking Workshop with Anne McKeown, Mason Gross School of the Arts
- October 14, 2012 – Johanna Drucker (UCLA), “Biblio and/as Info: What are the Lessons Information Design Can Take from Bibliographic Studies?” – Rutgers Seminar in the History of the Book
- October 13, 2011 – Johanna Drucker (UCLA), “Pantographia and the History of the Alphabet” – Rutgers Seminar in the History of the Book
- September 20, 2011 – Meredith McGill (Rutgers University), “Frances Ellen Watkins Harper and the Circuits of Abolitionist Poetry” – Rutgers Seminar in the History of the Book
- August 19, 2011 – Trip to the Fashion Institute of Technology’s Special Collections & FIT Archives
- March 31, 2011 – To the SOURCE Symposium, Event Site & Press (PDF, see page 15)
- February 24, 2011 – Geoffrey Turnovsky (University of Washington, Seattle), “Authorial Modesty and its Readers: Mondanité and Modernity in 17th-Century France” – Rutgers Seminar in the History of the Book
- November 30, 2010 – Lecture on Disaster Planning in Faculty Lounge
- November 18, 2010 – Gerry Beegan (Rutgers University), “Coming Closer: the Photomechanical Page and the Visual Turn” – Rutgers Seminar in the History of the Book
- November 18, 2010 – Gerry Beegan (Rutgers University), “Spatial Practices in the Decorative Book” Graduate Workshop – Rutgers Seminar in the History of the Book
- November 16, 2010- LISSA Genealogy Workshop
- November 8, 2010 – University Archives & Special Collections at Rutgers
- November 5, 2010 – Historical Society of Pennsylvania
- April 30, 2010 – Tour of the Morgan Library
- April 17, 2010 – Conservation Workshop at SCI Student Lounge
- April 16, 2010 – Tour of the Firestone Library, Special Collections at Princeton University
- April 15, 2010 – Lecture with Digital Project Director and Digital Archivist from the Historical Society of Pennsylvania
- March 26, 2010 – Tour of the Grolier Club with former SOURCE member J. Fernando Pena
- March 11, 2010- Lecture by Nicholas A. Basbanes in the Teleconference Center in Alexander Library (4th Floor) entitled “Among the Gently Mad: Continuing Adventures Among Bibliophiles, Bibliomanes, and Book People of Every Persuasion
- December 4, 2009 – Tour of the Rutgers Special Collections and University Archives
- November 19, 2009 – Rutgers Book History Seminar: “The Day that George Thomason Collected His Copy of the ‘Poems of Mr. John Milton both English and Latin Compos’d at Several Times’” at the Plangere Annex, Murray Hall
- November 19, 2009 – New York Feminist Art Institute Panel
- November 13, 2009 − Trip to the Mudd Library at Princeton University
- October 16, 2009 −Trip to NARA Northeast Region in NYC
- April 27, 2009 − Green Libraries Panel
- April 20, 2009 − Trip to the Museum of Modern Art in NYC
- April 16-18, 2009 − Several SOURCE students attended the MARAC Annual Spring Conference in Charleston, WV
- April 9, 2009 − Galen Brokaw (University at Buffalo) talked about Indigenous American Polygraphy and the Dialogic Model of Media – Rutgers Seminar in the History of the Book
- April 3, 2009 − 14 SOURCE members met at the Morgan Library and Museum at 11am on a Friday to attend two tours. The first tour, led by volunteer docent, Jack, gave a historical and architectural perspective on Pierpont Morgan’s private library and study. The highlight was seeing one of three of the Morgan’s Gutenburg Bibles on display! The second tour was of the Thaw Conservation Center and was led by its director Margaret Ellis. Students viewed and learned about book cradles, state of the art conservation tools, and more!
- February 27, 2009 − SOURCE members went on a tour of the Rutgers University Special Collections and University Archives, led by Associate University Archivist Erika Gorder
- Workshop with Maria Pisano- SOURCE members spent 5-6 hours learning basic conservation and paper repair, how and why materials deteriorate, prevention, introduction to tools of the trade and hands on experience with paper repair
- December 13, 2008 − A few SOURCE members attended “Let’s All Make Books!” sponsored by the Book Arts Roundtable.
- December 12, 2008 − Newark Public Library: Jared Ash gave a tour of Newark Public’s Special Collections and Rare Books.
- December 5, 2008 − Trip to the WNYC Preservation and Archive Unit in New York City. We got an overview of the archives and collections, learned about digitization, preservation efforts, storage issues, format priorities, and how the archivists achieve their mission to provide materials to station producers.
- November 20, 2008 − Book Repair Workshop: Kim Avagliano led a group of 18 SOURCE members in teaching them how to repair various parts of books.
- October 31, 2008 − Trip to the Library Company of Philadelphia: Founded by Benjamin Franklin in 1731, the Library Company is a research library that specializes in early American history & culture. We had a tour of the reading room, print & photograph department, cataloging, bindery, and new exhibition “Philadelphia Gothic.”
- April 3, 2008 − Art Library Behind-the-Scenes Tour at Thursday, at 4:00pm, led by Sara Harrington
- March 26, 2008 − Marilyn Symmes, the Director of the Morse Research Center for Graphic Artsand Curator of Prints and Drawings at the Zimmerli Art Museum down the street has graciously agreed to give us a behind-the-scenes tour on Wednesday.
- No events recorded…
- April 13, 2007 − Tour of the Grolier Club in New York City with SOURCE founder and Grolier librarian, J. Fernando Pena.
- March 20, 2007 − Tour of the Historical Society of Pennsylvania with former SOURCE member Matthew Lyons, and of the the Penn Museum and Library in Philadelphia.
- February 16, 2007 − SOURCE and LISSA tour of the Research Collections and Preservation Consortium (ReCAP) high-density shelving facility at Princeton University.
- December 8, 2006 − Tour of the Morgan Library & Museum in New York City.
- November 16, 2006 − Tour of Rutgers University Special Collections and Archives with University Archivist Tom Frusciano and Preservationist Tim Corlis.
- October 7, 2006 − Ian Bogus, Tim Corlin, and Chris Murray led a book making workshop for SCILS students.
- No events were recorded…
- November 18, 2005 − Tour of the NJ bindery Ocker & Trapp.
- October 8, 2005 − Ian Bogus, Laura Ruttum, and Chris Murray led a book making workshop for SCILS students.
- April 6, 2005 − SOURCE hosted a colloquium on finding, getting, and enjoying a job in Special Collections, Rare Books, and Archives. The speakers were SCILS graduates who currently work in these fields: J. Fernando Pena, Librarian at the Grolier Club in New York; Claire McGuire, Assistant Archivist at Drexel University College Medicine Archives; Ana Ramirez-Luhrs, Reading Room/Reference Librarian for the Gilder Lehrman Collection at the New York Historical Society; and, Matthew Lyons, Senior Manuscripts Librarian at the Historical Society of Pennsylvania.
- November 20, 2004 − Tour of the Manuscripts, Archives, and Rare Books Division of the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture.
- April 14, 2004 − Tour of the Rutgers Special Collections and University Archives.
- Tour of the AXA Financial/Equitable Archives on Friday Mar 5th 2004 at 1:00pm.
- November 14, 2003 − Tour of the Ocker and Trapp Library Bindery In Emerson, NJ.
- October 17, 2003 − Tours of the Institute for Advanced Study (IAS) Libraries and Archives and the Archives of the Princeton Theological Seminary.
- April 23, 2003 − We held a colloquium panel of five SCILS graduates working in archival related fields. The panelists each shared their experiences in school, networking, getting their perspective jobs, and what they are currently working on, then there was time for Q&A from the audience.
- March 18, 2003 – Tour of Free Library of Philadelphia’s Rare Book Department and Conservation Lab.
- A group of LIS students (and former students) present their research on reading, readers, and reading genres and one piece of research in library history at the 2003 annual New Jersey Library Association (NJLA) meeting. Link to the web page for that presentation made by Professor Marija Dalbello.
- April 10, 2002 − Sara Harrington (Art Librarian, RUL), Dr. Ferris Olin (Head, Margery Somers Foster Center/Curator, Women’s Artist Series, Douglass Library), and Kristen St. John (Conservator, Special Collections and University Archives, RUL) spoke on the topic of art in libraries and archives.
- December 6, 2002 − Tour of the New Jersey State Archives and the New Jersey State Museum.
- October 22, 2002 − Kristen St. John, Conservator of Rutgers University’s Special Collections and University Archives, led a book construction workshop for SCILS’ students and alumni.
- April 12, 2002 − Tour of libraries at Columbia University, NYC.
- November 27, 2001 − Thomas Frusciano (University Archivist, Special Collections and University Archives, Rutgers University Libraries) and Peter Wosh (Director of the Archival Management Program at NYU) spoke on the topic of archival education.
- December 6, 2001 − Tour of several libraries at Columbia University, NYC, including the Butler Rare Book & Manuscript Library and the University Archives & Columbiana Library.
- November 28, 2001- At a SOURCE Meeting, Tom Glynn, reference librarian at Alexander Library, spoke about his research in library history.
- November 15, 2001 − Trip to Guggenheim Institutional Archives and the Grolier Club.
- November 13, 2001- Trip to the Ellis Island Archives
- October 18, 2001 – Trip to the Guggenheim
- October 15, 2001 − Trip to Princeton University Libraries and Archives.
- October 1, 2001- Trip to the Princeton Libraries
- April 5, 2001 − Panel of recent SCILS graduates (Matthew Lyons, Daniel Noonan, Fernando Pena).
- May 11, 2001: Library of Congress and the Smithsonian’s Dibner Library, Washington, D.C. (Co-sponsored with LISSA, the Library and Information Science Students Association)
- April 6, 2001 − Ocker & Trapp Library Bindery, Emerson, N.J.
A graduate speaking of the tour in April of 2001 to the bindery said “The Ocker and Trapp tour was hands down the best one I went on while at Scils.” -Claire McGuire, SCILS Graduate and Founding Member of SOURCE.
- March 23, 2001 − Edison National Historical Site and Archival Collection, West Orange, N.J.
- November 29, 2000 − Our first official event was a lecture by Marija Dalbello, “Historical collections in the digital environment: The information mosaic model of a virtual environment.”