The Student Organization for Unique and Rare Collections Everywhere, (SOURCE), addresses the interests of students who wish to learn more about special collections, archives, digital archiving, records management, museums, rare books, manuscripts, and preservation.
To increase the visibility of these issues at SC&I, the group coordinates outreach programs and events, encourages curriculum expansion, and creates a supportive network of professionals, faculty, alumni, and organizations with similar interests. This network facilitates the free exchange of information about jobs, internships, and new developments in the field, as well as offers our members advice and support.
Our website serves as a link between the group and those interested in its activities. To encourage communication within the group, our listserv serves as a forum for debate and discussion dealing with these issues. The group extends a welcome to current graduate students, undergraduates, alumni, and prospective students.
- To serve as a contact and information center by providing guidance and resources for current students, alumni, and prospective students.
- To create a web site for disseminating information and ideas gathered by this organization’s members.
- To support and aid other groups whose activities are related to, but not limited to, issues of special collections, archives, digital archiving, records management, museums, rare books, manuscripts, audio/visual collections, and preservation.
- To communicate and actively work with the current members in the faculty in order to fulfill our mission.
- To maintain a flexible structure so that the organization will be able to continually address relevant issues of concern to students rather than focusing on specific topics or interests.
- To develop and participate in projects and activities, sponsor lectures, and act as a voice to the faculty and the school’s curriculum committee.