The Beta Phi Mu Omicron Chapter and the Library and Information Science Department at SC&I present …
Using recent examples of social media rumors and misinformation, John Silva and Miriam Romais from the News Literacy Project will dive into the tools and skills LIS professionals need to verify the authenticity of information and ideas.
- How do we develop critical observation skills to determine the original context of information and ideas?
- How do we create engaging fact-checked activities that empower students to investigate and debunk viral content?
Learn how to use:
- Reverse image searches to determine authenticity of photos and video
- Archivers to explore deleted or changed content
- Google Street View to confirm locations
Sponsored by Beta Phi Mu / LIS Department / RU Libraries /New Jersey Center for the Book / SC&I Alumni Association.
Register to receive the Zoom Link by following this link.